View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Appleanche

vCash: 500
Can anyone remind me again why Avs fans are upset? Because they aren't spending 5m a year on a 50 point career year guy?

He's a 0.45PPG career guy.. the guy apparently think's he's worth superstar RFA money.

Ryan Kesler in the middle of a 70 point season signed a 5m extension to keep him away from UNRESTRICTED free agency. AND THIS WAS WHEN THE CAP WAS GOING UP, NOT DOWN!!

O'Reilly is deluded if he actually think's he's worth 5m.. maybe he will be in 2-3 years or maybe he becomes the next Marek Svatos and drops off the face of the planet.

I'm critical of this organization but this is not one of the moves I disagree with.

Let's face it, he's not worth 5m.. Avs fans have this mindset that hey we have a lot of cap space just pay him.. but if the Avs decide it's OK to pay 1-2m than he's probably worth.. but look to the future more. If you pay him 1-2m more then you'll end up having Duchene, Varlamov, Landeskog, and any other young player on the team expecting a bit more cheese.

If you end up paying each of them 1-2m more all the sudden that cap space goes away quickly. That 4-8m could be used a few real #2/#3 quality D-Men.

If he was actually worth the money he wanted some team would have sent him an offer sheet over the past 3+ months (not including the lockout).