View Single Post
Old
12-17-2003, 02:55 PM
IronMarshal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyman
We gave a 2nd rounder to Montreal for Chouinny and now we get a 5th rounder...Another bright trade by Clarkie. :mad:

You guys are hilarious!

Sorry Flyman, I just picked your post to p--s on . Nothing personal, but I needed to pick one.

Yeah, when looked at value for value, it looks bad, sort of like a quote taken out of context. WE all thought the Chouinard trade was a good one the first week he was here. The guy just did not make it here. We have too much talent. If a fifth is all we could get, then so be it.

By the way, a second for Chuoinard was a gamble. You can't win them all, but you have to make them to win.

Clarke makes a trade for a pretty good young player, who everyone thought would cost us Gagne, or Handzus plus or Williams plus. We got him for a good prsopect, who is playing in the minors, and a couple of high draft picks. This team can win now (goaltending please... Esche? Malek? Someone?), and the Comrie move is all about that. I wish Woywitka well, but I doubt he will be an all - star, and heaven knows about those draft picks.

For the most part Clarke makes good moves which are mostly ignored and gets crucified for the occassional gambles that don't pay off.