View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 11:12 PM
dahrougem2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFitted67 View Post
Nope, sorry, but you're wrong. Erik Johnson might have a good frame and be a good skater, but he is not our best defenseman. He's put up only 1 point so far through 11 games. NAME ONE other top defenseman in the league with production like that. yeah. that's what I thought. A number one dman should at least be able to advance the puck to his forwards... Wilson is a better hitter, and a better passer. He has easily been our best defenseman so far this year. no contest. Open your eyes and see beyond the "amazing tools" brand that everyone gives johnson. Stop cutting him so much slack. 1 point is not cutting it. It is just not good enough. Johnson's a second pairing dman on any good team. I don't care where he was drafted. I care about what I see on the ice every night. Wake up people.
Lol ok, so by your argument, Thomas Vanek is the best forward in the league, Tobias Enstrom is the best defenseman in the league, and Craig Anderson is far and away the best goaltender in the league. So I take it you don't watch the games a lot because the basis of your argument is looking at stats; reality check bud, nobody ever defined being a number 1 defenseman by how many points you put up. Yeah, Johnson has struggled to put up points to start the season, and that is partially his fault, but also partially Sacco's fault for using him ineffectively on the powerplay or, even worse, not even using him at all in favour of players like Matt Hunwick and Ryan Wilson. And boy oh boy was that Ryan Wilson ever playing good eh? He had WHOPPING 3 ASSISTS on the year, truly as one poster already said in the elite class of defenseman. Its you who needs to wake up

dahrougem2 is online now   Reply With Quote