Thread: Speculation: Time to re-up Nasty Nate?
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 11:32 PM
thegodfather

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Lucic has been a consistent physical presence and has been noticeable. Horton is literally invisible out there for 95% of his shifts. As in it could be Jamie Tardif and I wouldnt really know the difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Lucic has been pretty physical all season long. Horton hasn't and at times he disappears but he's producing at an acceptable clip. I fear the best physical play we'll see out of Horton was his first year here.

I thought Lucic played like a man possessed after the bad pass midway in the second period. What I would like to see from him is to trust himself more when he's coming down the wing and go hard to the net. There's two plays Lucic likes to do when he's coming down the wing with a full head of steam: either take the puck behind the net or pass it back to the trailer. I'd like to see him set his edges, use his body to shield the puck, and go to the net.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not saying Horton has been better then Lucic because he hasn't.

But I'm not seeing the same physical play from Lucic that you guys are seeing.

The 3rd period Lucic tonight is the Lucic I want to see more of.

If they can find a team to take Horton I think they should move him, but at the same time we all gave Bergeron some time when he came back from his concussion, so maybe Horton just needs a little more time.

Plus I didn't mean to turn this into a bash on Lucic because it's not...I love the guy.