View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 10:42 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
That's vadim. I believe he argues that since the coach game plans around getting them in ideal situations, they haven't developed the mental edge to be players who excel in all situations - which they have the capability to do. Basically the opposite of the Hitchcock-Modano relationship.

The zone start thing can be overblown as well. It's a much bigger factor in shot-based stats like Corsi than in actually scoring points because offensive zone faceoffs lead to low percentage shots compared to chances off the rush. Stats guys who use Corsi are right to emphasize zone starts. If you look at points it isn't such a big deal, especially since the zone start maximization cuts their TOI.
I'm not sure about this. I think this could be true if there was a switch off from higher icetime to more offensive zone starts. but there wasn't. He went from 18.59 minutes (06-09), or, if you prefer, 19.15 (07-09) to 19.37 (10-13).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Nieuwendyk...meh. If you can make good use of him on the powerplay, I guess he's worth it.
agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
Pittsburgh will select RW, Steve Larmer

Selke Voting: 3, 8, T10
Excellent value 81 picks after Propp. Without a doubt I'd take Propp ahead (almost always the catalyst for his line, while Larmer rarely was) but they are very close as players and I'd pass on Propp if I knew I could get Larmer 81 picks later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Martin is one of the best hockey players to ever walk the earth that will likely never get into the HOF.
One of the best 20, sure.