View Single Post
02-12-2013, 11:17 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I'd probably prefer to offershert him at the value of a 1st and 3rd than trade Zibanejad or Silfverberg. I say that because if gives us players who's career trajectory aligns better with the core of the team over the 18 year olds who would be selected.

All this is assuming we're not selecting top 10 and ROR would be ready to play by late Feb. Otherwise hell naw. Pick up RJ Umberger at a fraction of the assets and eat his contract. He gives us the exact quality of ROR, plays C/W and is a lefty.
I could see Murray bringing that up and trying to get him at a lower value. Why give up a top prospect if we could send him an offer and give up a 1st and a 3rd, or not get him and keep the young guys. Even the first and a mid level prospect is better than trading Zbad or Silf at this time.

But, at the same time, O'reilly is someone that I could definitely see on roster with Spezza and Smith and potentially Turris unless he's switched to wing. With those centres, Karlsson/Cowen and Anderson/Lehner I could see a cup at some point.