View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 12:24 AM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I think you are getting a little carried away with PK being the only D man who can do anything. I also want PK out there, but Markov has vision and playmaking ability that PK doesn't yet/is too impulsive. I think Therrien is managing the D well although he has to find a solution to solve these 3rd period meltdowns. PK has his strengths, but Markov has them too even if he's not perfect. Ebbs and flows. Markov the multi-time all-star is NOT one of the best D-men we've had in decades?? It's not Markov that should have sat during the "benching", it's the fact that Diaz was used instead (although there are arguments to be made for him actually being more consistent on the PP). I definitely wanted PK out there at the end when, of course, the puck pinballed and went of Diaz's skate. (Not his fault, but that's the only time I 10/10 times would have PK out there rather than Diaz.) PK is doing just fine. So is Markov. So is Gorges. So is Diaz. Boullion and Emelin play really well for most of the game but then have breakdowns.

I agree with you on Eller completely, but I think lately, he's done very well with the linemates he's got and I've felt like he's had more icetime. At least we do see him on the PP now. Not during the JM days.

Who would you take out? Armstrong? Can White play the wing effectively? Armstrong had a good game IMO. I'm sure White will come back soon, I don't feel like he's being punished. Knock on wood we are healthy for now, so, as Denis said, it's a meritocracy. I personally like Moen and think Armstrong actually does help create chances. I don't really get the hate for him, but I know it's strong.
Yeah, wasn't he a winger for most of last season? I mean, wasn't great at all, but it's not like MT plans to use him on our current 2nd line.