View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 11:28 PM
v-man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure80 View Post
In my opinion these olympic qualification was a complete farce.
A little country like Denmark is fined for develop players in the NHL.
In my opinion they should play this tournament before the NHL season, after the season or allow to play with NHL players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure80 View Post
I respect what Slovenia did really great effort.But still think such a important tournament shoud be played with the best players of each country.
Perhaps the NHL should allow their players to leave their club teams for international games like they do in football (soccer). These three games wouldn't have been a big sacrifice (even less so during a regular 82 game season). But considering they didn't even release their players for actual first round Olympic games in 2006, that seems unlikely. Playing qualification tournaments in the off season brings up conditioning issues, and besides, that's the time when the lower ranked teams begin to play their pre-qualification games just to make it to the final tournament. Asking them to play two or three tournaments in a row wouldn't be fair. In the end, Germany and Denmark had just as many opportunities as Norway to finish in the top 9 and avoid qualification tournaments all together, but they didn't play well enough. That's no one's fault but their own.

Last edited by v-man: 02-12-2013 at 11:37 PM.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote