View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 11:38 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
I thought that was the best all-around game for the Oilers this season.

Didn't end well of course, and they didn't bury their many chances but the effort was there. Continue playing like that and the better results will come.

10 games like that one in Columbus they get 1 win. 10 games like this one they probably get 8 or 9 wins.

Great game from Hall. I thought Petry had his best game of the year as well.

Eberle so many chances and just couldn't connect.

Belanger I thought had an overall pretty strong game. 78% on the dot as well.

Petrell looked good and even Potter wasn't bad.

Fistric I thought had another solid game.

Gagner worked hard but no results like the rest of the team.

MPS and Harti were less noticeable but not bad.

Yakupov I thought tried hard and just made some rough rookie mistakes. It's hard to get down on him as we all know he's still learning at this level of hockey but he definitely had some rough patches tonight but you can see he wants to work his butt off to contribute... he just seems like a player that's still working against the grain much of the time and needs to develop a better feel for the flow and dynamic of NHL level hockey.

It will come but honestly he is going to be a liability for a lot of games... comes with the territory when you are a rookie.

Dubnyk I thought played well for a guy that let in 4 goals. Some will say he played a poor game... I don't think so. Not his best outing but really can't fault him on flukey goals. The Jagr goal was tough to stop but he could have had that one. The guy has to let in a decent goal once in a while though and the Oilers weren't winning this tonight no matter what Dubnyk did. Luck just wasn't on their side.

Again... no complaints about the team effort and work as a whole... just the result wasn't there. I'm hoping this effort leads to more like this though because that's what it takes to be competitive and not just rely on your goalie every night.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote