View Single Post
02-13-2013, 01:44 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
I would do that. A core of ROR, Kessel, JVR, Kadri, Rielly, Phaneuf, Lupul, Frattin and maybe Reimer is a nice group to build around.
is ROR really that big of an upgrade over Grabo? Idk if people can see this but im looking at bostons roster (well there top couple lines, and i dont know boston that well so bare with me)

Bostons top centers when they won the cup were:

well NOT that im saying that Bozak is anywhere close to as good as Bergeron but Bergeron is known for how good he is at faceoffs, well if Bozak keeps this up and keeps the puck on our stick we will have a way better time and could be that center who is more defensive minded and good hard worker, Bergeron lite lite lite (dont want to get flamed).

Krecji was the guy the bruins picked instead of kessel, but is Krecji really that much better than Grabo? (and im more asking and hopefully ill get a non subjective reply). I see similar contracts, same position, similar numbers, now Grabo can shutdown teams but he can also score.....something that come playoff time could really help this team (but dont need him with kessel, so he can shutdown teams and kessel can get the easier lines) but now i dont know much about there bottom 6 so i dont want to act like i do, but imo we have more offensive flash on our 3rd line then they did. They have Seguin, Lucic, Horton,Marchand as there top wingers (Rechi and Ryder were in there top 9 too) now i dont want to start an argument but it seems like we have a similar team but were missing that big fighter in the top 6 imo we have kessel=seguin, horton=lupul, marchand>komarov (at this point and time), but we also have more offensive weapons in jvr kadri and frattin. Now im not saying that we can have anywhere close to a cup winning team but ive always liked the Boston Bruins team because its gritty, tough and i like to call them a "playoff team" who kind of coasts through the regular season and when the playoffs come around there always in the hunt. Similar to the New York Giants in football who will go 8-8 then they actually play unreal...idk

Obviously our D isn't too different if Phaneuf can play half as well as Chara we can have a very good D, and we have more prospects coming up. We have a bright future should we trade Grabo who plays hard minutes and gardiner who has potential to be a very good Defender for years to come worth an upgrade at #1 C with ROR? I agree we need to find someone better than Bozak but if he can keep winning draws and be defensively responsible i dont see how that trade would benefit our current team or in the future.

(i also want to go on the record that i think Grabo will get traded sooner or later, i just dont think ROR is the answer)