View Single Post
Old
07-08-2006, 11:51 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
I think we either underestimate our players, or overestimate Gagné. His best season before Forsberg came in was 66 points, with 33 goals. Like it or not, Ryder did it. Gagné had 47 goals this season, but only 8 without Forsberg. Gagné is very good, but I don't believe he is THAT good.

I think people don't look far enough when analyzing players. If Gagné comes in, once we have seen him play 82 games with the habs, he will slowly come down from his half god status to just another good player in the NHL. He would give us another strong offensive forward, but I doubt he would be that much of a change over what Ryder can give us if he plays a full season healthy. Why not appreciate what we have instead of trading it at every turn?

The fact of the matter is Gagné brings WAY more to the table than just points. He is a speedster, which Ryder isn't, he is very good defensively, Ryder isn't, he can play both the PP and the PK, plus he can control the puck and pass it, which again Ryder can't... Point aren't EVERYTHING!

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote