View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 06:47 AM
416Leafer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
I agree, well except for the offer sheet. Gardiner is a great talent and can/is top 4 D as I don't think he has #1 D potential. Same goes for O'Reilly, his not a #1 but being a GREAT #2 along with being one of the best defensive centres.

I think Gardiner+mac/bozak for O'Reilly+2nd/3rd would be fair. If that were to happen, we could then trade Grabo and promote Kadri to 2nd line C.

I would try hard to keep Bozak for our 3rd line and ship Mac instead if we could.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer, as I can understand and respect those who wouldn't trade Gardiner. However the possibility of having one of the best defensive centres who can put up 55+ is very enticing.
I agree with this. As much as I like Gardiner, there arent really any good arguments for why he should be considered to have a higher ceiling than ROR. ROR is younger and has proven more at the NHL level.

I love two-way centres. Plus like you said, Grabo could be traded to recoup some of what we moved in order to get ROR, and I agree, I would want to try and keep Bozak and finally have him groomed in his proper place as a 3rd line C.

ROR doesnt project to be an elite top 5 centre in the league or anything. But he does look like he has the skill set to be similar to Bergeron, who was 1st line C on a SC winning team. Selke calibre two-way play + 65-75 pts potential. Thats what we'd be hoping for and I dont think that type of potential from him should be considered overly unrealistic seeing as he put up 55 pts and lead his team in scoring at the age of 20/21.