View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 07:53 AM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
I think it is up to each individual as to the path they take everyone is entitled to there opinion right or wrong, I do agree lots of Dads try to live the dream through there kids no question about that.
Agreed! As much as hockey dads and moms can be "over the top", i believe any Sane parent makes the best decision for their kids with the information they have in front of them. The other aspect that we neglect to mention is the education portion. There is something to be said about having your kid in an environment where there are essentially 2 things they worry about daily - Education and Hockey.

Those prep schools are great for keeping kids focused on getting educated. I know for me personally, nothing to do with hockey whatsoever, but i personally like the idea of knowing my son is in class everyday, and in class with a group of "like minded" kids. For the most part they strive for the same objectives, and they use hockey as the vehicle to keep them focused in school.

anyway....your right...many views, many different ways. Each person does what they think is best.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote