View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 08:54 AM
416Leafer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Of course I think an elite defensive top 6 forward would help us in that regard. If Ryan reilly is a top six forward or even elite I dont reilly know. But that is not the question here. It is what is more valuable and what is harder to find and I do believe finding smooth skating defenders with high hockey IQ is harder to get then 2-way centers.
And Gardiner still have the potential to become a top pairing defender whilst ROR dont have the potential to become a #1 center,
well unless you are happy having some one like Horcoff being your #1 center.
Where do you get this stuff? ROR is younger and more proven... And yet Gardiner has top pairing potential and ROR definitely will never be a 1st line player? Makes zero sense. Unless of course its just classic Leaf Bias / former 1st round pick bias?

And I dont agreed that PMD are harder to find. We picked up a signed Liles for a late 2nd round pick. We havent had an elite two-way centre in a very very long time, if they were easy to get, we would have gotten one by now. Gardiner isnt considered to be exceptional defensively, he's not expected to become a Doughty type of guy, more of a Liles/Kaberle type of guy. Can run a PP, isnt overly physical, and is decent defensively but not going to do a great job going up against the oppositions best.