View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 09:05 AM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
My idea is to put my most accomplished and experienced centers at center. Playing center carries the most defensive responsibilities, so for a player like Stamkos (as as gifted of a sniper he is) will have to match up against every team's 2nd center. (at the Olympics every center on every team should be elite.) I think there'll be less challenges for Staal playing 2nd line center than Stamkos...That was my idea...we'll see how it goes. Again, I don't want too many players playing out of position. So, I see that side of the reasoning as well.
I wouldn't worry about Stamkos at centre. No other country can throw out four elite centres, and realistically none of them can even send out three. I wouldn't want Stamkos out against Malkin, but other than that he can be used in pretty favourable matchups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Habs View Post
I'd still really like to see Stamkos at center - he's always played there, he's comfortable there, and he's had fantastic chemistry with St. Louis playing on his RW throughout his career. I don't recall Stamkos ever playing wing (power play time notwithstanding; a Crosby-Stamkos combo on the PP would be lethal). MSL would obviously make my team right now too, and if he's playing at this level come December he should be a lock, IMO.
I agree on keeping Stamkos at centre, but I do think he has a bit of wing experience. I believe at the 2009 WCs he played with Spezza and St. Louis, with Spezza at centre, and was quite successful.