View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Habs View Post
I really like that team, well done. I like the idea of Neal, the gritty goal scorer, on the 1st line with Crosby, with my only concerns with Neal being his lack of big-game experience and sometimes undisciplined play (see last year's playoff round vs. Philly, though that was a complete gong-show). With Eberle and Seguin on the roster either of them could easily rotate in with Sid if Neal doesn't work out or to give that line a different look, and you don't lose much aside from some physicality.

I's still like to find a spot for Taylor Hall on this team - his speed on the wing, chemistry with Eberle, and ability to pressure the defense on the rush would be very well-suited to this team and the international ice, IMO. Maybe the one change I'd have on my forward group is to switch Hall for Sharp (see my comments above re: Sharp).

On defense, I'd switch up Seabrook for Del Zotto. I like MDZ, but simply put I don't think he's ready for this level of play yet. My personal instinct is to go with the "safe" pick, Seabrook, a guy who's battle-tested, great defensively, has chemistry with Keith, and willing to take a backseat on Team Canada. Chicago's gearing up for a deep playoff run this year, I think, so Seabrook can really nail-down a roster spot with another strong showing this year. You also don't lose too much offensively with Seabrook, either, he gets the job done back there.

With MDZ, obviously you have him as a depth defenceman, but I'm just not sure if he's ready yet. I'd probably take Girardi and Campbell ahead of him, honestly. But I'm pretty conservative in my view on defencemen...

Never did take a look at the TOI stats for Team Canada in 2010. Or if I did, I can't remember. But was ice time pretty much even for the forwards +- a few minutes.. where as the D-men like Weber got their traditional 28-30 minutes per game? I should take a look at Hockey Canada's website to see what Babcock did there. do you recall?