View Single Post
02-13-2013, 09:23 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
I just want you guys to know that the storm has tracked south for tonight, which means period of heavy snow will lead to upwards of 8 inches across Long Island tonight. The weather people are being way too broad in their prediction for this storm.

It seems like they smartened up and put out a weather advisory that calls for the possibility of 4-8 inches. I would look for the North Shore of LI to receive the most now. The storm will be gone by tomorrow morning, but I suspect some more closed school districts in the hardest hit areas.

It all depends on how the heavy bands set up, but since the storm has tracked south, those heavy bands will be right over Long island during the overnight hours. It depends how much intensification happens.

Keep your cars in your driveway.
Which models are you basing this on? While the weekend storm is still relatively up in the air, I haven't seen any support for an 8+ inch snowfall since a few days ago... If anything I'm going to call for 1-3 for most areas, maybe 2-4 on the southern/eastern areas although I think it'll be closer to the 2's than anything, but we shall see