View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 09:28 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Was watching some of the blades game last night in between the Habs. Dietz had a nice assist on the 1st goal. Thrower should have had a nice assist as he feed Burns who flubbed the puck in what would have been a tap in goal but on the other hand he made another mistake in his own end while trying to get the puck out of his end. I've seen him to do this several times, as he seems to make high risk decisions with the puck in front of his goalie that will need to be addressed when he becomes a pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
The team also has a max of 50 contracts.
Depending on how things go, we could have a number of open spots with RFA's that won't be back next season. So while we should have at least a few incoming rookies, it could shape up that we will have a lot of room to sign a few prospects unless management wants to try and off-set the youth movement in Hamilton with some more vets then they had this year.

Should be an interesting off-season since we have a number of contracts set to expire, as many of these guys won't be back imo,

Noke, Schultz, Blunden, Budaj, Armstrong, St-Denis, Weber, DeSantis, Geoffrion, Mayer, Stejskal.

So if most of those guys aren't back next season (none are under contract for next season to date) that would free up a number of spots, so how they get filled should be interesting. We should have Kristo, Dietz and Thrower as pros, and then they will have to decide on what to do with Nygren, Archambault, Pribyl, and Walsh, plus I could see Bennett turning pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Is Walsh looking contract worthy? Looking forward to your weekend report!
For me I would need to see what the docs think of his hip injury, I'd be very leary of signing him since he has never had a full healthy season since being drafted. If the docs think the hip will not be a concern going forward then I'd consider signing him but it would also depend on how close we get to the 50 limit and how the organizational roster shapes up. I wouldn't lose any sleep if he's not signed, but he's got a solid frame and good hands, so it they can get him on an AHL contract that might be worth a shot even if he has to go to the ECHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Why does everyone assume Archambault is talented?
I don't assume, I watch them play. Archambault is talented for sure, but it also could be the case where he peaked at a young age (since clearly he has to be talented in order to be picked 1st overall in the Q draft). He's another one that I wouldn't lose any sleep over if we don't sign but I would think he will be signed since it looks like we could have the room for him inside the 50 limit and he can be a fun player to watch.