View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 09:29 AM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Never did take a look at the TOI stats for Team Canada in 2010. Or if I did, I can't remember. But was ice time pretty much even for the forwards +- a few minutes.. where as the D-men like Weber got their traditional 28-30 minutes per game? I should take a look at Hockey Canada's website to see what Babcock did there. do you recall?
I have TOI for 2010 somewhere, I'll try and dig it up. From what I remember:

- In the round robin, Niedermayer and Pronger were essentially useless, so Keith, Weber, and Doughty were forced to play 25+ minutes, which I remember being seen as astronomical ice time for the OGs given the caliber and pace of play.
- Once Pronger and Nieds found their games (beginning at the Russia game, really), ice time levelled-off and the three pairings saw fairly even ice time.
- Seabrook only saw 6-7 minutes per game, on average. Essentially just PK with Keith, and a few ES shifts with Keith.
- Niedermayer - Weber were the "shutdown" pairing, and saw their ice time increase over the course of the medal round (along with that of the Toews line).

I think where it all shook out, for the Slovakia and U.S. games, was that Nieds-Weber, was our top pairing, Keith-Doughty #2, and Pronger-Boyle #3. Pronger saw more PK time, and Boyle more PP time. So, fairly evenly split between the top 6.

Up front, we ended up with the Crosby line #1, Toews line #2, Getzlaf #3, Thornton #4, but fairly evenly distributed once special-teams play is factored in (i.e., Marleau got a load of ice time through playing the PK and the PP, whereas a guy like Perry didn't see special teams ice time). The four lines were rolled pretty regularly at ES.