Thread: Dany Heatley...
View Single Post
02-13-2013, 09:34 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I don't think Yeo is telling players "dump the puck when you have even or superior odds". It's clear he's telling the players to dump the puck when they are outnumbered defensively.

The problem is that the Wild NEVER have a odd-man rush, and even rarely have even numbers. They are too slow on the break-out and have too many players standing still and not joining the rush. The near-side winger is almost never involved in the rush. The ONLY time we have even numbers is when the far side Dman jumps into the rush.
I guess the question I would have is why is every line playing the same way; collapsing and not moving in the defensive zone. That's a reflection on 'system' and it's a trickle down from there. What you described in the second paragraph is an indictment on system and not really players.

Which is why I'm having a difficult time of laying some of this team's troubles squarely on the players who make up this roster.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote