View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 09:40 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
They really wouldn't have helped at all, so not really sure the point.

The team played well yesterday and deserved a better result, that said they have to keep it together all game, or this happens.

I'm sure some malcontents are blaming Dubnyk, he was very solid. You could watch hockey for another 10 years and not see another goal like the Stars' first one last night.

The first line will break through, they did a Ton of things right yesterday.

I don't know what to say really, it was disappoiting, but they looked SO much better that it's hard to just crap all over them.
These are my thoughts as well.
I have been really critical of the team all season even after some of the wins but they really did a lot of things right last night. I thought it was their best performance of the season before the late 3rd period meltdown but it was extremely disappointing nonetheless, it could have been a big win and the crowd also seemed primed to explode if the Oilers had tied it up.

I think that's a game that they can really build off of, the top line in particular seems very close to snapping out of their funk. I think this is a good time to have a homestand where they can pick up some valuable points going into the long road trip. I think they need to go 3-1 in the next 4 games or this season could go down the tubes really quick during the road trip.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote