View Single Post
02-13-2013, 09:41 AM
vCash: 1076
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I'd be for trading Versteeg and something else for Ryan O'Reilly. That could be this year's Booth trade. I know, I know, he's Tallon's guy but there's no way Tallon isn't frustrated with his play like we all are. It also gives us some insurance towards a Weiss departure so we could have another second line center playing first line minutes, lol.

If we are under .500 at the halfway point of the season(24 games), I think you can start fueling the Weiss and "prospect" for O'Reilly and a 2nd or 3rd round pick train. The main question is if O'reilly will still be up for grabs after 24 games.

The Avalanche apparently need help on their D so that "prospect" could be Robak or Petrovic if we're involved in trade discussions with Colorado.

I've defended Weiss for many weeks now but have also said if the value is fair, maybe a big trade can spark something in this team. This team is built for the next 3-5 years and O'Reilly could add to our young core of Centers. The question is whether Goc and Matthias can be the veteran leaders for these young centermen?

Would we be happy with:

Weiss and Robak to Colorado

O'Reilly and a 2nd or 3rd round pick, if not a pick then a possible AHL player for depth.