View Single Post
Old
07-08-2006, 12:20 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I think you guys are too quick to be happy that Poti's gone. I think he really started to come into his own last year. Maybe not offensively but his overall game improved alot. He was a solid defenseman last year and even played a little tougher getting in opponents faces sometimes to stick up for his teammates. I really like the way he played. I think he never got going offensively last year but you can see its there with his rushes up the ice, good slap shot and passing ability. Poti didnt shoot enough it seemed at times and passed the puck off at times where he had the shot. But thing I like best about his improved play was that he didnt get caught up ice much if at all. He picked his spots well when he wanted to join the rush, always being able to recover and get back for a counter attack. Sure he wasnt producing for the money he was getting but he certainely did a good job. If Poti came back I wouldnt be upset. Rather see Rozsival traded and Staal get the chance to take the spot. If he doesnt do good in camp give the spot to Pock.
Poti also wants a raise over his pay from last season. What he does should not cost more than $1.5, and that is generous. He is nothing more than serviceable in all facets of the game. He did improve his defensive game, but at the cost of his entire offensive game. He are building a better team and there are parts that will be much better than him, and hopefully better this season. Glad he's gone.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote