View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 11:27 AM
goyotes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Astro View Post
Since I pissed a lot of people off in the last discussion with my comments on the Phoenix fanbase, this is all I want to say in response:

All of the people criticizing the fan support of the Jets 1.0 and comparing it to Phoenix 2013 need to realize one thing. Our team left. So go ahead and talk **** about them all day. They moved. If you're comparing them to your team, your team should probably move too.
On this point we can agree. I just hope the NHL does the right thing and moves them to QC, and not to Seattle which is an untested market, and I fear, after five years will prove no better than Phoenix as an NHL market.

It sometimes seems the NHL is its worst enemy. In the end, it will likely be established that the NHL wasn't fighting for the Phoenix market any more than it fought for Winni, QC or Hartford. The NHL was buying time to get its ducks in a row for expansion and relocation. What is shameful is the NHL probably took the CoG's $50M under the false pretense that the NHL would secure ownership to keep the team in Glendale. Or as Daly called the first $25M, just an insurance policy the NHL will not need.

No wonder there are many troubled teams. If the NHL was a well managed league, I don't think you would have 3 or 4 teams that regularly come up in talks about relocation. Hey QC, get that lease agreement signed in blood. If history has shown anything, its that a community shouldn't trust the NHL. Of course, just my opinion.