View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 10:38 AM
CoolburnIsGone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
I just dont buy it as an either or. The screen would be for SSE, not the panthers. Same theory as club red. Do we have less budget for players becuase of club red? The screen should be considered an arena improvement, not part of the Hockey buisness.
For most non-hockey events that I've been to at the arena, the scoreboard is pulled up into the top of the arena. So no its not for arena improvement because it wouldnt be used except for hockey really.

Club Red is in a different category though because that can be utilized for non-hockey events. SSE took out a specific loan just to pay for Club Red so no that didnt affect the budget for the players but if they tried to pay for it themselves, I'm pretty sure it would've affected the budget. And while you dont buy it as an either or, thats fine but I'm just saying that if we didnt use the money on a scoreboard, more money could be used on the roster. I just dont see the scoreboard as a "need" and more of a "want" and you have prioritize things according to needs and we need to upgrade the talent on the roster more.