02-13-2013, 11:09 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Can't believe some people around who say "Hey, we got Nokalainen, so we can't put a claim on Kassian"

Let's get real. If we call Nokalainen and Weber "depth", then every single team in the league has depth, because those kind of players go through the waivers wire 20 times per season. They serve no purpose as regulars for an NHL team.

I once was high on Weber but the kid is so stupid on the ice that it's a miracle he's still in an NHL roster.
First of all, I don't even know if you can waive a player on LTIR like Nokelainen is (I suspect you cannot) but even if you could, I'd think it would be considered extremely poor form for any team to do so.

Secondly, I would definitely contend that Weber has more value than Matt Kassian. You're arguing players like Nokelainen and Weber have no value, yet you're doing so in comparison to Matt Kassian - a player currently on waivers (so, clearly no value to his team) and who hasn't even played a game yet this year. Must be quite a broad definition, this "no value" thing.