Thread: Trade Rumors
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 12:13 PM
no name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Cmon, the guy was not on a clear cut break. He was going to be overtaken and he knew it. His pass to Stoll was not effective, but it was better than the shot he wasn't going to get off.

He had a very effective game last against St. Louis (only his 4th of the season). He'll stay in the lineup if they keep rolling the 4 centres like they have been. It effectively limits his competition to Brad Richardson, who brings almost nothing to the table at this stage.

I could see Gagne coming back for another year if he stays healthy and remains semi productive, but Penner is a much longer shot.
Im not trying to pile on but I completely disagree regarding the play. The defender started out after penner but pulled up to defend the rebound. There were two defenders playing stoll. One spread out on the ice and one reset to clear stoll out or lock up the stick. Penner could have either chose to shoot or walk right in on elliot. I just rewatched the Game last night.

Fact is that st.louis showed Penner no respect all night and were givimg him nothing but space on the ice.