Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Boston
View Single Post
02-13-2013, 12:17 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by surf View Post
This turn the other cheek on this forum really is depressing to me,but thats just me..I respect your opinions but I don't agree with them or even understand them..Im guessing its because I grew up drinking water out of a garden hose and most of you drink fancy bottled water..
I'll take the high road here.

This isn't about turning the other cheek. It's about identifying and adapting to your strengths and weaknesses wrt your opponent. The Rangers, and in my opinion every other team in the NHL, are not going to accomplish anything by trying to physically "stand up" to the Bruins. The Bruins "win" in that category, it's a concession that needs to be made. The Rangers need to find a way to "win" by addressing other aspects of the game when they play that team, and they are doing a pretty good job of it.

Also, and I hesitate to do this because I HATE HATE HATE sports/war analogies, but think of it in terms of Vietnam and the Afghani insurgency. The U.S.A had/has a unique technological advantage in these scenarios. There are way to remain competitive against that advantage, and gearing up to face it head on is not one of them. Please, if there is a response to this, don't let it be a political one.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote