View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
First of all, I don't even know if you can waive a player on LTIR like Nokelainen is (I suspect you cannot) but even if you could, I'd think it would be considered extremely poor form for any team to do so.

Secondly, I would definitely contend that Weber has more value than Matt Kassian. You're arguing players like Nokelainen and Weber have no value, yet you're doing so in comparison to Matt Kassian - a player currently on waivers (so, clearly no value to his team) and who hasn't even played a game yet this year. Must be quite a broad definition, this "no value" thing.
Matt Kassian would actually fill a need on this team. Look at the North East division. Look at the kind of hockey that's being played in the league right now, with a 20% increase of fights.

Unless you guys think it's better to ignore the rules set by the other teams and feel like we're in some class above that? Because that has worked to well in the past... yeah right.

Yannick Weber is a complete liability on the ice whenever he plays. He's our 8th d-man, and he serves no purpose on this team, as we already have too many smallish, soft defensemen.

As for Nokalainen, when are you going to let him a spot on that lineup? No argument there, you can't waive a player on the LTIR. But him coming back at some point should NOT prevent you from claiming a guy like Kassian. Especially when a guy like Weber back there is not playing, and is playing horribly whenever he's on the ice.

As for Kassian being on waivers, he just was expendable, as his team already counts on the likes of guys like Stoner, Rupp and Konopka in a much softer division than the NorthEast.

A guy like Kassian can be pegged in against physical team in games that you think are going to be physical and where we risk to get intimidated.

A guy like Weber is nothing.