View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Fidel Astro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
On this point we can agree. I just hope the NHL does the right thing and moves them to QC, and not to Seattle which is an untested market, and I fear, after five years will prove no better than Phoenix as an NHL market.
Oh, I agree. It has to be Quebec.

Quote:
In the end, it will likely be established that the NHL wasn't fighting for the Phoenix market any more than it fought for Winni, QC or Hartford. The NHL was buying time to get its ducks in a row for expansion and relocation.
Even if that ends up being the case, at least they pretended they wanted a team there. With us, it was basically "**** you and good riddance, you filthy WHA refugees."'

I think what's probably more likely is that the NHL was, at one point, fighting for the Phoenix market but after a while moved into "buying time until we can have expansion/relocation worked out" mode.

Quote:
If history has shown anything, its that a community shouldn't trust the NHL. Of course, just my opinion.
No, no, I agree completely. I mean, people were booing Bettman even when he announced we were getting a team again. Definitely can't trust these weasels. When you take something that is tied to culture and emotion and focus only on the financial aspects of it, you're bound to burn a lot of of people, and that's exactly what the NHL has done and continues to do.