Thread: Jack Edwards
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

vCash: 500
I usually avoid him like the plague but when the NBC feed cut off I had to watch the Boston feed for about a period. He's a good play by play guy, there's no doubt about it. There aren't many as skilled as he is, and the duo of him and Brickley is one of the better ones I've heard. Having GCL for the first time this year has caused me to realize just how many commentators are awful and to really appreciate those with talent.

He's definitely a homer though... and I get why some of you say that's fine, that it's what he's supposed to be, but it's a little too much at times. When bias prevents you from making the right calls, when opinion triumphs fact, it's just not the right move. Especially when it influences your fan-base. It definitely does. We all have some less intelligent people cheering for our team, and they tend to be the most openly hostile and vocal unfortunately. So in that respect it's a little too much.

Overall it wasn't too bad last night. Some comments were really funny. That Boston accented "he's such a homah" was hilarious. It's awesome that he's a true fan and a great sportscaster, it's just a little too much at times. But hey, no one's perfect and I'd rather listen to him than about 5 other teams I've heard so far this year. Biased skill > unbiased idiocy.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote