View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 11:30 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Well based on during the town hall meeting how Yormark, when he was bringing up the increase in ticket prices, referenced Dale and giving him the money needed to field a competitive team. Then just later when the scoreboard upgrade was mentioned and how many were complaining about the increase in prices, he said how do you think we can pay for a $5M new scoreboard without increasing prices. I'm probably paraphrasing a lot here but that was the gist of what I got from his statements. It may technically be part of different "balance sheets" but it essentially comes from the same pot from what I could tell from his statements.
I dont think its we have to choose but it just means less money going into the roster based on the above. I have sat in the ADT area and now having sit in the Club Red area, there is a MUCH bigger difference IMO in quality. IIRC, you have to pay for drinks up in ADT area also where you dont in Club Red (well beer & wine anyways). Understandable its not pleasing to the eye but you're trying to compare lower bowl center ice to 3rd level end zone...center ice wins that one easily too. Eventually I think Club Red will be mostly sold so it doesnt look so bad but just make take a yr or so since we lost a lot of momentum due to the lockout & current struggles on ice.
To my point why this was premature.One playoff round in 10 yrs doesnt rise to the level of execting great sales in high end seats. Now this season is in jeopardy. Dont see big sales in club red, or great renewals if we tank.