View Single Post
02-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes my liege!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Excellent post.

I would only add that looking through the rest of MF's (and co) draft record I believe that we could end up seeing a 40+% track record (less than 50% but close) from the years 07 to 12. Having 40 percent of your picks make it to the NHL is truly impressive. Especially when you consider how many of them aren't necessarily "safe" picks.

We are seeing a truly great scouting staff at work.
We are 50% reaching the NHL from the 2007 draft, and if Campbell plays with the Kings in the coming days, that would be 5/9 from the 2008 draft already having played in the NHL. As for 2009, we already have 3 of 10 picks reaching the NHL, and of the other 7 players only one (Michael Pelech) is likely written off as having a possible NHL future.

If Kitsyn comes over and Weal can adjust to the pro rigors, we could easily go five for five in 2010 as well.

Still hard to say how things will play out for sure, but 2009 and 2010 could be really special drafts when all is said and done. maybe no star players (though that is possible as well with Toffoli, Schenn, etc.) but there could be a long list of regular NHLers coming from those two drafts.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote