View Single Post
02-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Matt Kassian would actually fill a need on this team. Look at the North East division. Look at the kind of hockey that's being played in the league right now, with a 20% increase of fights.
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
That's where you're wrong he fills a role that for the wild that is already filled, however a role that is wide open in montreal that's stuck in a bruiser division he would hold great value for montreal as a 4liner or even a depth guy, can bang with the best of them big tough physical guy with something to prove now
I'm not saying Kassian doesn't fill a need; I think he does. I'm saying I don't think the timing is right. If you're agreeing with me that we can't move Nokelainen, then your only suggestion is that we waive Weber to make a spot, and I don't agree with that - I think it's poor asset management. I'm not a huge fan of Weber but I do think he can be moved at some point, even if it's for only a late pick. All the same, I'm not in favor of kicking him out the door to make room for a guy who, though he might help, will probably not have a significant impact on our lineup.

In short: I do think we should add a heavyweight at some point; I don't think we should risk wasting an asset to do it. I think we can wait a little longer and do it when the timing is better (e.g. we have an injury and an open roster spot).