Old
02-13-2013, 11:35 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I agree it'll take some more analyses regarding how this current incarnation of the team performs, but I think some educated guesses can be made.

I think Sather and company have adequately addressed the depth problem at forward - we'll see how that goes if Miller stays up.

Its not rocket science to see this team could use another defenseman capable of playing a regular shift - in a perfect world, he'd be able to contribute on the powerplay. I like this Streit talk, but doubt the Islanders help out the Rangers in any way.

The Rangers have needed a defenseman for over a season now. That's not new. I just think there's a lot of speculation of what this team needs thats premature. After the Rupp/Powe trade the team finally seems to be building chemistry through continuity.

What I find puzzling is:

1) Why people are so willing to trade Boyle after four games of JT Miller.

2) Why people keep talking about deals around Eminger and/or Bickel. What teams really want those guys? What team doesn't already have guys like those guys.

3) Why some people are so willing to throw in picks and prospects.

The Rupp/Powe trade was a no-brainer. I just don't feel that we know what their needs really are. And if they have a forward go down, doesn't that completely change what their needs are?