View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm not saying Kassian doesn't fill a need; I think he does. I'm saying I don't think the timing is right. If you're agreeing with me that we can't move Nokelainen, then your only suggestion is that we waive Weber to make a spot, and I don't agree with that - I think it's poor asset management. I'm not a huge fan of Weber but I do think he can be moved at some point, even if it's for only a late pick. All the same, I'm not in favor of kicking him out the door to make room for a guy who, though he might help, will probably not have a significant impact on our lineup.

In short: I do think we should add a heavyweight at some point; I don't think we should risk wasting an asset to do it. I think we can wait a little longer and do it when the timing is better (e.g. we have an injury and an open roster spot).
You create the timing.

Weber's value will never get any higher, he just doesn't play. We'll end up losing him for close to nothing, that's something we have to accept. Pretty sure a team or two would already give up a late pick for him right now.

People here talk as if guys like Nokalainen and Weber were "assets". You know what? You can replace those "assets" later on, with very similar players, at least 10-15 times in a season, just keeping a look on the waivers list. I don't think losing Nokalainen or Weber will come back and bite us in the ass later on.