View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
I've also heard Harkes recently say that a handful of good MLS teams could survive as lower half EPL teams.
Harkes knows more than I do, but he's also a homer for the American game. He's trying to sell the MLS.

I think a few of the better MLS clubs could hang on in the relegation area, and maybe with a few buys and a lot of luck make it through. But we're talking barely.

I don't think they would do all that well in France. They're a lot better top to bottom than most know, and the scoring and pace would be hard to keep up with.

If you took an all star side (or at least a handpicked side) you can do more with it, but much of that talent isn't in the MLS because they're good footballers. They're here because that's their level. There are a few players who can go over and cut it, but most are second tier players in those leagues. Liga B, Serie B, Championship, Bundesliga II, are all leagues that all the MLS players could cut it in. Much more? Not week in and week out. A few, sure. Most, no chance.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote