View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Maybe Rutgers or Penn State should be more affordable/worthwhile to attend than Nova; then again, for some reason, my advanced statistical mechanics professor, who has collaborators from across the world, would say Villanova was more undergraduate-centric (for physics/astronomy) than most big-name schools with large physics departments, since faculty at most big-name, doctorate-granting schools put research before teaching.

But he seems to favor mid-Atlantic schools and, while his credentials are seemingly good enough for Nova, they are nowhere near UPenn-caliber. Now Richard Stockton should be his safety.
I hear really good things about the physics department at Rutgers and they have a good reputation and graduate program. A lot of the Physics majors here take classes there to get a dual bachelor's in engineering and really enjoy it. The same professor I mentioned before does his research at Rutgers.

I think for a student that isn't local, "a good safety school" is probably an apt description for what Stockton is.