View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
No, my point is it's well-known that they could use another legit defenseman. And have for over a year. That said, aside from that, I don't think it's really clear what this team needs because they haven't really shown what they are as a team. In other words, I don't think we can really know what the "new needs" are.

He's shown a willingness to throw in picks so you'll be thrilled. They don't have a first. They don't have real top prospects (assuming that Miller and Kreider are staying with the big club and won't be traded). They don't have the system depth to treat picks and prospects as disposable.
You are very philosophical about needs. You say they have needed a defenseman for over a year, but insist its unclear what they need.

I'm not suggesting emptying the system. But would you be unwilling to trade a 2nd and a 3rd for a player that would give the Rangers a better shot at some silver? For the purposes of the question, assume by that time a need have clearly identified itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I believe there was some behind the scenes financial aspects involving the Isles TV rights and MSG network as being an unofficial part of the compensation going to the Isles.
That would make more sense.