View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why would his stock be sinking. If teams wanted him 2 weeks ago no reason they wouldn't want him now. If he has no value it's because teams fear his 4.25 mil 13-14 cap hit. If anythinmg his value will go up as teams get more desperate, heck Gomez and Campbell got traded with much worst contracts.

If Spacek had value then why did Carolina find no takers at the deadline despite shopping him?
Kaberle's perceived value to another team depreciates as his real value to our team depreciates. It's not like becoming a healthy scratch has made him more attractive as trade bait. That said, sure, he still has some value as an experienced D with specific skills. I didn't say he isn't marketable, only that we'll get less for him if he doesn't play.

As to Spacek, he obviously had enough value to be traded for Kaberle.

My only point was that here we are looking to trade Kabs for a prospect. Why didn't we have that forward-thinking vision last year with Spacek? I'm not saying we could have gotten a lot, but whatever we got - straight-up or in a package - would have left us with more cap space and somebody who offered at least a possibility for the future. Last year, Kaberle filled a hole in a boat that had already sunk. This year, when our boat is actually floating, that trade continues to weigh down our budget while giving us zero in return.