View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 12:28 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
5Mil is not bad for this season but that caphit will kill us next year.If they'd take Malone or Brewer as the roster player I'd be ok with giving up a Killorn or Panik. We need a C who can win draws late in the game. He's at least 10 years Younger than Vinny who I love but can't play forever and I don't see a 2C in our system currently.
ROR definitely has age on his side and he's good on face-offs, over 50% in the last two seasons. While Hall and Thompson are great on face-offs and responsible defensively, I'd rather have a better player in O'Reilly on the ice late in games. I do think we're lacking a top 6 player who is very astute defensively, yet can also contribute offensively, like Chicago with Sharp/Toews, Vancouver with Kesler/Burrows, NYR with Callahan, Boston with Bergeron, LA with M.Richards/Brown, Minnesota with Parise etc.

I'd also be fine with giving up Malone and Panik or Killorn for O'Reilly. However, where does that leave Namestnikov? Do you think he's talented enough to eventually fill the void as a 2nd line center? If not, would he be considered a top prospect to send the Avalanche's way?

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote