Old
02-13-2013, 01:39 PM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
What a joke!

Ok it's not his flashiness that gets you. So, you like his positioning and decision making in his own zone? You like his ability to make a crisp breakout pass under pressure to beat the forecheck instead of having to always chip it out? Or is it how high he can flip it on his backhand up the middle(turnover) to clear the zone? On offense I'm sure you love his slapshot, but what about his knack for staring down his receivers? how about him standing still with the puck so as to never open up passing lanes?

I could go on and on. These are things that he will/should get better at but if you want to be called a #1 dman then these are generally not issues that are brought up against you. But I bet you think our coaching staff and deep management team are racists or idiots for not paying him and playing him like our best defenseman. Right?

PKs been solid so far considering he had no training camp and I like what the coaching staff is doing with him, but he has not been even close to our best defender this year. I like that he's playing a little calmer and trying to make the right plays instead of the arcade ones, but that 3-1 goal last night, holy crap was that terrible. I understand having a brain cramp or getting beat due to your limitations, but that may have been one of the ugliest series of defensive plays he has ever made. And he's made some ugly ones.

If you can't see why Markov is our best defender in most every facet then that's on you. He's a dominant offensive dman who gets the puck up the ice in a hurry and he possesses one of the better sticks in the league for all things defense (poke checking, holding the zone, pass breakups, etc.). Diaz has been a revelation this year as well. I really love the way he plays.

I'm not saying that PKs development has stalled, just that he is not anywhere near as good as some of you guys think he is. Not yet at least.

I'm a black man, genius.
we' all black when the light goes out