View Single Post
02-13-2013, 01:53 PM
with the 10th pick..
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Good call on Djuse, very skilled, very steady. He and Arnesson did not look out of place at the U-20's. Arnesson looks more intriguing, plays a solid two way game with some physicality.

Underlooked because of the 'stand outs' is Anton Cederholm. 6'2, 210, another 2way defender. Check out this pass he made at the U-18's last Summer - 39 secs into the video he breaks out, circles back, fires a pass through four Slovakians setting up the goal. Beauty.

Viktor Arvidsson, 5'8, 168 tenacious player, has alot of tools in a small frame. Was terrific at the 2013 U20's. Theres really nothing bad about him except for size. Some team will gamble on him early, IMO.

Slepyshev, another interesting player. Pure sniper with lots of raw skill, goes to the slot, good teammate, pissed off Canadians by taunting their bench after Russian ot win in that bronze medal game. I'd like to hear what you have to say about him ODC.

Bogdan Yakimov, 6'5 Center. Talk about a draft wildcard.

The guy I really like, but may not last to any of our picks is Andre Burakowsky, rated #5 European.
slepy i certainly like. i like his emotion, his fire and i like that he wore the C.

tall, rangy albeit kinda thin, excellent stick handler with great wheels and very creative. hes got a high end shot as well. quick release and gets enormous leverage and snap on his rising wrister. more shooter than playmaker. very deceptive and elusive pure offensive player. not clueless in all zones either- he actually back checks and can forecheck. has that russian wow factor. hes a dangler and dancer. whats not to like ? unless you are john tortorella.

problem is, he wont be a ranger draft pick. we wont move up to take a russian kid and he wont be around in the 3rd round anyway.

in many ways he reminds me of cherry. similar players. ive heard comparisons of alex semin skills wise but i think hes may be better compared to kovalev once he fills out and bulks up. stickhandling wise, kovy could flat out dazzle. slepy has that in him.

the one thing that jumps out when i watched slepy in person is how much better his overall skillset was compared to other forwards. he just reaked of raw skill and his skating and hands are legit nhl calibre right now.

if you get a chance, watch his shootout moves. dude can shake and bake and his deek moves are high end stuff.