View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 12:59 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Ottawa Senators are a likely destination, makes sense for them with Spezza likely out for season and his long term health in question. They have good young players that could be available. Unlikely that the Avs would want a 5'5" center from us as a replacement.
I'm not saying that a signed ROR is worth DD+ anything. ROR is a much better asset than DD but at this point it's not about a hockey trade - it's asset management.

The Avs, with their financial considerations and everything, do not have any leverage. For them it's asset management and maybe (if they're not keen on tanking) salvaging a playoff run. I hypothesize that they won't get many better offers than David Desharnais (who is VERY, VERY talented - I've never denied this. I just don't think he's a centreman in the NHL) and some defenseman between Kabs/Diaz/Weber.

We might disagree here on whether they have any leverage or not but I really don't think they're gonna get a "good" deal.

Eller would be a really good trade piece but I want to keep him, I see a lot of Pleks in him but with even better hands.