View Single Post
Old
07-08-2006, 03:24 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
ive thought long and hard...and I believe shanny in NY would be a monumental mistake. we need to bring up youth. I, like most, get elated at big signings, but the time is NOT right for him or this team. Lets re-focus on the rebuild shall we.
The same line I've heard for the past 2 years, and I'm going to give you the same response that I've been giving people for the past 2 years.

Who is ready? We need a 2nd line winger and center who can score. Some say Immonen is ready, I won't believe it until I see it myself. Dawes? Can you honestly say that these guys are "ready?" Dubinsky? To judge someone on 11 games in the AHL playoffs is ridiculous. Has he made great strides? Yes.

I don't want to see these kids struggle on the 2nd line and lose their confidence, and I sure as hell don't want to see them rot on the 4th line. Malhotra was rushed, and ended up rotting on the 4th line. I'd rather not see that again.

That's why you sign stop gaps until you're 110% sure that these kids are ready.

When you rebuild, you don't throw an AHL team on the ice to see it lose every night either.