View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Have some questions about three players. All three are not on NHL deals, are not listed as having signed AHL contracts, but they've all played quite a few games for their teams, would they still be on PTOs or have they signed SPCs?
-Evan Brophey (34 with Portland)
-Rod Pelley (31 games with Norfolk)
-Taylor Vause (30 games with Texas)
I don't know either. Theahl.com used to update player's contract status once they played 25 games on a PTO contract or remained 25 games on the roster under a PTO contract. However, it seems like they don't make all the proper updates anymore.

To add to your list, I thought Tyler Ruegsegger signed a SPC with Abbotsford during the summer. However, according to theahl.com he was released from his PTO and signed to a SPC after he played his 40th game of the season.
http://theahl.com/stats/transactions...&f_team_id=379

Other "weird" cases are Brett Lebda who played 27 games with Rockford before being released and Dan Ellis who spent half of the season on Charlotte's roster.

So to sum it up, I would believe that Pelley and Brophey either signed a 2nd PTO or they are signed to a AHL contract, however no info was released about it.

What I'll do is that I'll wait until the AHL trade deadline, if those players are still playing with the same team by that time, I'll add them to the list.
------

In Vause's case, his contract's situation is very clear.
Quote:
@100degreehockey (February 13)
Taylor Vause playing last game of his 2nd PTO on Fri. Must either be signed to SPC or released afterwards. Think he will be signed.
His first PTO was signed at the start of the season and his second one was signed on December 12.
http://theahl.com/stats/transactions...&f_team_id=380

-------------
In other news, Kevin Clark left St.John's to sign with a team in Germany. He was released from his SPC by the Ice Caps.

Last edited by Booba: 02-13-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Booba is offline   Reply With Quote