View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 02:48 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalkev View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to deal with excuses like "we're missing Frattin and Reimer" from Leafs fans. Not exactly Crosby and Fleury, are they?

As for the Canes, I'm still in wait-and-see mode. Obviously, it's nice to be where we are after 8 of our first 12 on the road. But we're a .500 team at home with crappy special teams, a patchwork defense, and nary a point inside the division we're winning by two points.

Sorry, but I just don't think we should plan the parade yet. And actually, the Leafs game is a big test. Coming off a long roadie against an average team playing without two key players has "trap" written all over it. A good team will still find a way to win. We shall see if we're a good team.

Having said all that, I think it would be fun to see how long we can hold the division lead without a single point against division teams. We only play three of the final seven February games inside the division, so we can go 4-3 and probably still lead the division with 23 points on March 1. After that, we're actually going to have to beat a division rival, I'd think.
Not meant as an excuse at all I'm actually looking forward to it in a way next 5-8 games could show what kind of depth we have.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote