Old
02-13-2013, 02:27 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
He's not a huge upgrade over Booth right now, but it's not just about this season. The Sedins are in the last years of their contracts next season. If we decide to bring them back, RoR can center Kesler on the 2nd line. If we dont bring the Sedins back, Kesler and RoR as our 1-2 centers doesn't look too bad. It gives us a lot of options and we don't have to act desperate in bringing back the Sedins if it's not in our best interests.

As for the trade itself, I think it's a solid offer if the Avs are, in fact, looking for a roster player and a prospect. I figure RoR tops out as a 60-65 point two-way forward, which is a great player to have, but I wouldn't neccessarily be giving up an arm and a leg for this kind of player. You do that for game-breakers, and RoR isn't one.
We need to look at just this year right now. We have been one of the hottest teams to start the season, and if we take it up to another level once Kesler and Booth return then I would be looking to add to what we have, as oppose to subtracting from it. If Booth doesn't re-integrate well into our lineup then it's perhaps something I look into a bit more, but this year could be our last legitimate shot at a Stanley Cup.