View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 02:41 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
Interesting. One player has shown the ability to take over games as a rookie, the other hasn't.

If Leafs didn't have Rielly, Gardiner would be no different from Rielly in the sense that he is immovable.
I probably have watched close to 70 % of the NHL games Gardiner has played in during his career. I just can't fathom how anyone can get the idea that Gardiner is more proven than ROR.... And ROR certainly takes games over. I feel you have not watched him play last year at all. He swings games with his defensive plays but he had huge offensive performances as well. I just don't get how you can get to such a conclusion if you watched both players play.

Gardiner is a difference maker offensively. I will never deny that. He has huge offensive upside. But I am really not so sure that the defensive side ever catches up. that is the big gamble with him right now. Add his concussion and the Avs should just stay away...

@ Petes: You might want to let Panthers and Avs fans decide what is fair. They have watched there players more than you probably have.
ROR is getting criminally underrated by Leafs fans in her in order to justify a certain kind of proposal. And it is maddening once again. Avs fans have it bad enough right now with EJ and Landeskog + ( a crapload of other guys) out , the ROR situation, our coach and management. This is one nightmare season for us. We really don't need this now....