Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART VI
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 02:47 PM
kasper11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I usually agree with your posts Kasper, but IMO you are off on this one.

Lee hasn't proven anything. Especially nothing more than what Nino and Nelson have proven. The only thing Lee has on these guys is age. Nelson has outproduced Lee at the college level, and now is playing in the 2nd best league in North America where he's excelling. The same goes for Nino, who again is excelling in the AHL, one of the closest leagues in the world to the NHL.

I'd even give Strome the edge, mainly due to where he was drafted, his upside, and the fact that he fits exactly what we need: a 2C with high-end offensive ability.

I do like Lee, and hope to see him as a part of this team's future, but I think the chances of him starting next year in this team's top-six is slim to none. Bottom-six, absolutely. Doesn't mean I expect him to top out at that level, but I just don't see any way in hell that this guy will get a top-six spot over any of those three guys. At least not until one of them falls on his face.
I think you misunderstood me...I only included Lee because the previous posted said that he thought Lee would force his way into a top-6 role. My point was that we shouldn't count on ANY of these guys to be big contributors next year. We don't have forward depth, we have potential forward depth.